About Me

My photo
Northeast, Ohio, United States
I'm a SAHM with 3 kids. I have 2 boys that are 9 1/2yrs. & 5 yrs. My daughter is 8. I've been married for 11 years. I enjoy scrapbooking, photography & gardening to name a few things.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Dandelion War!

AHHH..I love the site of a great green lawn. However, at my house, this is NOT what I will find. We have a large lawn which is FULL of the dreaded Dandelions! Now, they irritate the heck out of me. My husband however, finds it easier to just mow them and pretend that they will just go away. He doesn't see the point in trying to kill or prevent them, so every spring our yard only looks good on the days that we actually mow. The rest of the time we have the ugly dandelions until they are done blooming. It's funny, our kids will actually go outside and "do battle" with the grotesque weeds. The boys go out armed with toy golf clubs and take swipes at the dandelionheads! Along with just stomping on the nasty yellow flowers! I think it makes them feel they are helping the cause to" kill the dandelions!" I have to chuckle at their attempts to keep the weeds at bay. I guess, one less weed is better than looking at it! One day, I will get the better of these nasty, frustrating and never ending nuisances!!! At least on the last shot I can witness more green than yellow! How pleasing to the eye to see that!

1 comment: